Old 19-07-2008, 07:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Mike Mike is offline

Default Pepper problems

"I3" wrote in message
Mike wrote:
"Darlington" wrote in message
. com...

entire thing falls off. No peppers form. Also, I find it strange that
they're dropping green leaves from the bottom. Every one of them has at
least 2 green leaves they've dropped. They're spread out over 3 garden
plots, not all together. We don't see any insect pests on them.
Thoughts? We really miss our peppers.

I've noticed that too but I thought the reason my garden was screwed up

was
because I listened to John Chapman. http://www.johnchapman.com/

Are they receiving sufficient moisture? A common problem for fruit drop.

Their getting enough water, I think the first problem was the Uni-grow
potting soil I used for germinating the seeds became contaminated with a
dampening off type bacteria. Since then I've switched to Kellogg's Palm &
Cactus mix, and in a short time the pepper seeds germinate. I have had
problems with Unigrow before, if the pot gets a little too damp or hot, it
turns into what looks like rotting bran mush.

The second problem was the plot being overloaded with Manure, Ammonium
Phosphate, Sulfur and Ironite.