Old 19-07-2008, 08:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
John M. Gamble John M. Gamble is offline

Default How Hardy Are David Austin Roses?

In article ,
Jeffrey L. Kline wrote:
I have several Dave Austin's, and although they are very nice, I would not
call them care free. They require winter protection in my zone, and they
tend to develop black spot. (I spray every 7 to 14 days) As far as watering,
I would say they are need no more or less than your typical hybrid.

I am, in theory, zone 5 also, so the protection part is good to know.

What concerns me more is the black spot - I currently don't spray (it
helps that my two roses are both Griffith Buck roses) and it would have
to be a very impressive rose to get me to start. Of course the David
Austin roses *are* very impressive, so there I am leaning towards a
"buy" decision.

Hmm.

--
-john

February 28 1997: Last day libraries could order catalogue cards
from the Library of Congress.