Old 19-07-2008, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default orchid ID

"gogo" wrote ...
Hello all,
Could you help me identify this orchid I've just bought?
Nothing at all on the label and without at least the species name, it's
quite difficult to search the web.
Thanks!
Gogo

http://www.gogo.me.uk/my_orchids/neworchid1.jpg
http://www.gogo.me.uk/my_orchids/neworchid2.jpg

Looks like one of the easiest Orchids to grow ... Encyclia cochleata (syn
with Prosthechea cochleata)

http://www.abundaflora.com/enc_coch.htm

http://www.usbg.gov/plant-collection...-cochleata.cfm

http://www.orchidweb.com/orchidofweek.aspx?id=52

I've had one for years bought at one of the sheds and it sits on a high
shelf in my N. facing greenhouse and gets watered with the lance from the
tap like all the other plants. It's mostly now walked out of it's pot and is
once again in full flower.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden