Old 20-07-2008, 06:37 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel Mckoi Reel Mckoi is offline

Default Pond netting

"SteveEB" wrote in message

Yes, I'm going to stick with my original idea of making some frames
with criss-crossed fishing wire to go over the pond. Does anyone think
it would be unwise to use wood to make the frames from. I remember
reading on this newsgroup about someone who put wood into the pond as
a ramp for newts but shortly afterwards the fish all died.
Avoid treated wood. It's toxic to fish. Do remember that bullfrogs, snakes
and snapping turtles also eat fish.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.