Old 20-07-2008, 04:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jo Pesta Jo Pesta is offline

Default Weeping Pussy Willow Tree

On Jul 19, 10:21*pm, enigma wrote:
where are the sprouts coming from? the ground/base of the

trunk? along the trunk? at the top?

At the TOP.
*where is your tree grafted? base of the trunk or at the top
or maybe both?

I Am not sure what you mean by grafted, what do I look at to see if a
tree is grafted?

*i'd cut all sprouts at the base anyway, as they're most
likely from the rootstock & not what you want. i'm guessing
you want it to look like a weeping tree & not a mess, so cut
any sprouts off the trunk as well. just trim off the top
section enough to give it a nice form.

I checked the trunk no sprouts, I do know enough about that to keep
the truck clear, it's just sprouting from the top, tons of small
branches. I am clipping some of those, to as you stated, keep the
form, and as the branches hit the ground because they are longer than
the trunk, I am clipping those so they no longer hit the ground.

Thanks
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair