Old 20-07-2008, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Potato Problem

On 20/7/08 17:20, in article , "Granity"
wrote:

I would call that a watering issue, specifically heavy rain after a
dry
period, causing them to swell and burst the skins, as happens with a
lot of
crops. The white grubs are a separate issue.

Steve

Has anyone actually watered their garden this year apart from pots and

containers? I found that brassica seedling sown outside have rotted
off,
so had to sow in pots indoors to get them going. Today the weather was

forecast winds decreasing and dry,* will someone please tell the
weather
regulator? It is windy with frequent showers here in North
Staffordshire.*

Indeed but have you noticed how confidently they predict what is going
to happen to the weather due to global warming? Muppets.

Those would be the people who told us that June was going to be fabulous and
have forecast a terrific September? The ones now in Exeter, 30 minutes from
here, who appear not to know when the sun is shining in Devon and give an
overall doom and gloom - so helpful to the tourism industry. Those people?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com