Old 21-07-2008, 02:02 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Red[_2_] Red[_2_] is offline

Default Squirrels stealing apples

On Jul 20, 3:04*pm, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 12:45:13 -0700 (PDT), Red
wrote:

On Jul 19, 2:58*pm, "Stubby"
wrote:
The apples look *very good but squirrels
are climbing up the trees to get them. * Any ideas on preventing this? *How
do the large orchards cope with this problem?

Large orchards = more apples than squirrels. One always needs to plant
more than the local wildlife can eat. Ever see a crow looking at your
garden and going "Caw, caw"? *Caw is crow talk for "Half, half!!"

Red

LOL!

I've got pears, and no squirrels, but the pears taste bad. I enjoy the
flower blossoms.

I've got 2 pear trees that are loaded with pears. I'm also surrounded
by squirrels. They get a lot of what I plant, but won't touch the
pears.

Red