Old 21-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Kathryn Selfe Kathryn Selfe is offline
Registered User

Another thaught about your bay tree, they prefer to be in a terracota pot rather than plastic.
kathryn
www.carreglefn-nurseries.co.ukQUOTE=David E. Ross;805148]On 7/20/2008 10:02 AM, maisymouse wrote:
I have a standard bay tree that is around 7 or 8 years old and is in a
pot outside the front of my house. I think that it has suffered frost
damage. Most of the leaves are brown. It has a few that are still
greenish. Can anyone give me some advice on saving it? I thought it
would come back to life as it got warmer but it hasnt.

Where are you? What is your climate? Sweet bay (Laurus nobilis) is
hardy to about 30F.

Bay requires very good drainage. Does your pot have a drain hole? Have
roots from the bay plugged the hole?

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean