Old 21-07-2008, 07:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Please help me to identify these plants. 1 of 2

In message
,
Dave Poole writes
On Jul 19, 10:33 am, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:

I agree with Dave Poole and Beccabunga. (Rhus cotinus and Cotinus
coggyria are different names for the same plant.)

Cotinus coggygria has been the accepted name for a good 30 years,
which makes me wonder why the continued use of the archaic version.

People are still using Althaea rosea and Malvastrum lateritium, and I
think that they're at least that out of date.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley