Old 22-07-2008, 09:06 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
FDR[_2_] FDR[_2_] is offline

Default Lawn Mowers *** Expert Advice

tmj wrote:
I purchased a house and am moving in 5 weeks. I have mowed many lawns in my
life, just never had to buy one. If somebody could provide me feedback on a
good lawnmower I would appreciate it. My yard isn't that big, doesn't have
any hills and will probably take 15-20 minutes. Friends of mine have
lawnmowers that around $300-$400 but also have a much bigger yard than me.
I would like to keep the price under $300 since mine will require less use
than the average mower in a season. Any suggestions on brand, essentials
to look for and cost? Since lawnmowers are season should I expect the
price to drop as we get closer to fall? Lastly, recommendations on
weedwackers?

Thanks all,
TMJ

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutgardening.com/gr...e.lawn.garden/
More information at http://www.talkaboutgardening.com/faq.html

If it doesn't have any hills then a type that doesn't drive thew wheels
will probably be just fine. So that should easily get you under $300.
Ones that can mulch are great, and if the yard has lots of holes or
ruts, get one with the big wheels in back.

Weedwhackers...Unless you need pruning attachments, I'd stick with a
basic one. The Echo ones at home depot look pretty good. I prefer the
long straight shaft so your feet don't get near the string.