Old 23-07-2008, 07:58 AM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Copper spray

"David E. Ross" wrote in message
On 7/22/2008 4:55 AM, FarmI wrote [in part]:

Do you can them at all?

I used to preserve my peaches in brandy. Take a large, old fashioned
canning jar (the type with a glass lid, rubber ring, and wire bail).
Blanch the peaches in boiling water just long enough to remove the skin.
Quarter or halve the skinned peaches and remove the pits. Pack the
peach pieces in the canning jar. Add about a tablespoon of cloves,
intermixed with the peaches. Pour about 1/2 cup of sugar on top of the
peaches. Fill the jar with cheap, off-brand brandy. Seal the jar.

Let the peaches soak in the brandy for about six months, inverting the
jar about every two weeks. Enjoy!!

Sounds good. Will copy the recipe and set it aside for later in the summer.
I make a mixed canned fruit brandy mix which is very handy to keep in the
fridge for those times when a dessert is needed right here and right now or
else murder will occur.