Old 24-07-2008, 12:00 AM posted to rec.gardens
Chris[_14_] Chris[_14_] is offline

Default Shade tolerant plants

On Jul 23, 5:59 pm, (paghat) wrote:
For the shadiest spots where even impatiens or sweet william complain for
need of light, English or Spanish bluebells can't be beat. They'll even
thrive right up next to the roots of big shrubs, or back under the eaves
of the house that get almost no water. They're only present in spring of
course but that's enough. I wouldn't waste a choice garden space on them
because they're just so damned great in spots that are otherwise
ungardenable.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
visit my temperate gardening website:http://www.paghat.com
visit my film reviews website:http://www.weirdwildrealm.com

Sounds like a Jack-in-the-Pulpit I planted eons ago at my mom's house.
It was right at the base of a White Pine, and popped up every year
like clockwork. Hmmm, there's that wasted space between the shed and
the compost...I wonder...

Chris