Old 23-07-2008, 09:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Simon[_6_] Simon[_6_] is offline

Default Autumn Bliss Raspberries fruiting in June?!

We have 2 types of raspberries on our backyard. one type fruit in the
summer ~July (red fruit) and the other fruits twice once in July and
once in ~September (golden fruit).maybe yours will fruit twice also. i
have no idea what type of raspberries I have.

Simon

On Jul 23, 1:35*pm, Lizziebeth
wrote:
I'm new to growing fruit this year and decided to buy some Autumn Bliss
raspberry canes in January.

I planted them in great big pots in the winter and by June, they were
fruiting small amounts of raspberries. *They look very healthy and
happy etc

Not complaining in the slightest but I thought they weren't meant to
fruit until August?

Do you think they were a wrongly labelled variety or have I just been
very lucky to get an early harvest?

I can see lots of new fruit forming on the tops of the plants now.
Whereas the early fruit was all quite low down. *

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Lizziebeth