Old 23-07-2008, 10:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Wil Wil is offline

Default String Beans

On Jul 22, 12:53*am, Simon wrote:
This is my first season growing string beans. *question: how do I know
when they are ready to be picked? Do they become too hard if I leave
them on the bush for too long?

thanks,
Simon

I also planted string beans, six plants in all. Three of them are
about four feet long now and it looks like they are looking for
something to climb up on. The other three seem to be much smaller and
don't seem to grow as fast although they are all in the same bed.

Anyone have an idea of why they are growing at much different rates
although I treated them all the same?

Thanks,
WIl