Old 24-07-2008, 09:47 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Lawn questions and garden prep question

"JohnnyC" wrote in message news
Zone 5A

Lawn questions: It's been dry up here. Every lawn is burned out. Should I
continue to water? Would this be a good time to get some compost and
top-dress the lawn?

Garden prep question: Next year, I will be doing a vegetable garden. Is there
something I could do right now to help get the plot ready for next years
planting? I will converting a patch of my burned-out lawn to a vegetable
garden.

Use a sod cutter to remove the lawn. Along with it will go the weed seeds that
would love to reach dirt and sprout. You will end up with a mostly weed free
garden right from the start.