Old 25-07-2008, 01:34 AM posted to rec.gardens,hawaii.gardening
Alain Fournier Alain Fournier is offline

Default Pineapple harvest

I have grown a pineapple here in Quebec City. This is the first
pineapple I have ever seen on a plant. And I don't know anyone
who knows anything about growing pineapples. The fruit is now about
half the size of a pineapple as sold at the grocery. The fruit
is getting a little heavy and it is starting to lean over. Should
I let it lean all the way to the ground or should I use a stake
to keep it upright?

I'm not sure if I should expect my pineapple to grow quite as big as
one that would've grown in the tropics. So, does anyone know what
is the best way to know if a pineapple is ready to be picked?

When, I will harvest it, what do I do, do I just pull on the fruit
or do I cut it off with a knife? I hope to get more pineapples
from the same plant.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thank you.

Alain Fournier