Old 25-07-2008, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Gooseberry bush

"Robert (Plymouth)" wrote in message

"camerashy" wrote in message

Could you please tell me when is the best time to move a gooseberry
bush.
It has been in its present position for about 15 years and has not been
pruned for at least 10 years.
Appreciate any help.
Dave

In the autumn while the ground is still a bit warm. You can prune it at
the same time leaving the centre as open as possible. Might be worth
investing in some cuttings.

I asked about striking gooseberry cuttings recently and someone here
encourzged me to try. I put two in a pot, one is thriving, thanks.

Mary