Old 25-07-2008, 09:20 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
blackrhino blackrhino is offline

Default Grass around pond

I am a recent "returnee" from before the trashing of rec.ponds more than
5-6 years ago. Back then I was simply "rhino". I'm glad to find this
new one.
Problem- What can I use to control grass (ithink it's johnson grass) in
the flowerbeds right up next to the pond? I have found some
recommendations for vinegar and salt in solution and sprayed. I don't
want to saturate the soil with salt though. That so-called weed cloth
isn't worth a dime. I don't want to pile 10-12 inches of mulch. Any
other ideas?