Old 26-07-2008, 02:25 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
San Diego Joe San Diego Joe is offline

Default Grass around pond

blackrhino wrote:

I am a recent "returnee" from before the trashing of rec.ponds more than
5-6 years ago. Back then I was simply "rhino". I'm glad to find this
new one.
Problem- What can I use to control grass (ithink it's johnson grass) in
the flowerbeds right up next to the pond? I have found some
recommendations for vinegar and salt in solution and sprayed. I don't
want to saturate the soil with salt though. That so-called weed cloth
isn't worth a dime. I don't want to pile 10-12 inches of mulch. Any
other ideas?

You can buy herbicide that works specifically for grass and won't harm other
plants. As long as you are careful when you spray to keep it out of the pond
water you should be okay.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.