Old 26-07-2008, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Madeira

"Dave Hill" wrote
We are hoping to pay our first visit to Madeira in the new year,
Ideas of where to stay etc would be greatly appreciated.

You don't say exactly where you are going but do check out the possibility
of a "capacete" (God's helmet) at the time you intend to go. With the wind
in a certain direction, and the island is subject to Trade Winds, the
mountains give rise to a thick cloud over certain areas which does not move
until the wind changes.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden