Old 26-07-2008, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jeff Layman Jeff Layman is offline

Default Agapanthus seed

vomog wrote:
Hi All.

I'm new to this so please bear with me.

My problem is with Agapanthus seed that I took from my late Fathers
garden.
They all germinated, but they all retain the seed husk on the end of
the growing tip. I tried to remove some, but the tip just broke. I can
see that the husk is strangling the tips as some have just fallen off
with the tip inside. Would appreciate advice.

Cheers vomog.

It happens. Try spraying the growing tips with water regularly - the husk
stays soft and the growing tip will push it off.

--
Jeff
(cut "thetape" to reply)