Old 28-07-2008, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Madeira

In article db0f4024-9f9c-4afc-a42e-
,
says...
On 27 Jul, 18:36, Pam Moore wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 06:36:14 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill

wrote:
We are hoping to pay our first visit to Madeira in the new year,
Ideas of where to stay etc would be greatly appreciated.
David Hill

Hi David
I would just point out that when I went to Madeira 10 years ago we
went at the end of February, and were disappointed that there were not
many flowers to see. *It seemed to be the low point for most plants.

Pam in Bristol

Thats the problem with having to holiday in the UK winter, though if
Malta is anything to go by then there are quite a lot of seeds still
hanging around on plants, and some plants do flower very early in
spring ......I hope.
David Hill

Abutilons Acacias Aeoniums Agaves Albizia Aloes Anthurium Apollonias
Arctotis Asparagus Astydamia all in flower in January and that is just
"A" and I bet I missed a lot and the will be other stuff flowering early
or late!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk