Old 29-07-2008, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
patrick j[_3_] patrick j[_3_] is offline

Default Rhus typhina

On 2008-07-16 14:40:43 +0100, "Bob Hobden" said:

Yes, we too got rid of ours due to it's most annoying habit of coming up
from the roots everywhere including our neighbours garden across the drive.
Didn't do the mower any favours either, hitting the roots very time I mowed.
One of those plants to admire from afar IMO.

Well, thanks to all for the suggestions concerning my "getting out of
control" Rhus Typhina.

I have cut it down and I've also cut off all suckers that were coming
out of its roots.

I did try to dig up the stump but gave up after a while

What I'm going to do is simply keep nipping off any suckers I see
coming from the roots and also cut away any growth from the stump.

--
Patrick

http://www.patrickjames.me.uk