Old 30-07-2008, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson[_3_] Sally Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default Growing things up galvanised fencing

We have a galvanised weldmesh run for our chickens and I would like to grow
some climbers up it to provide some extra shade (yes, protected from curious
beaks!). However, Tony remembers growing something up a galvanised fence in
the past and it removed all the galvanised surface and the fence rusted. Has
anyone else had any experience of how well the surface will resist planting?
I don't know what I'm going to grow there yet, but since I have a surplus of
Bill McKenzie clematis plants, that might well be a good contender.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through the usenet newsgroup uk.rec.gardening