Old 30-07-2008, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Woodsford Paul Woodsford is offline

Default Eucalyptus tree. Advice wanted please.

Hi,
I have 2 large, 30ft + eucalyptus trees in my garden that are at least 25 -
30 yrs old. One is in full leaf as normal, the other has a few brown leaves
on the fine branches but seems dead. However on closer inspection it has
shed it's bark as usual revealing new smooth bark on the trunk and large
branches. The fine branches/twigs which have the brown/dead looking leaves
are supple and if cut are green and moist. The tree seems to be resting. Is
this something that these trees do and is there anything I can do to get it
going? I'm loath to see it cut down. It hasn't lost any branches in the
recent winds or during the gales last winter, just no new leaves.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
I live in South Wales.

--
Welsh Gas