Old 08-04-2003, 09:56 AM
jane

Default raspberry canes

On 8 Apr 2003 00:35:03 -0700, (R) wrote:

~Hi
~
~I planted 5 raspberry canes in Feb (Autumn Bliss variety), following
~all instructions on spacing and made sure soil had plenty of compost
~mixed in, as well as adding fertiliser and mulched the soil to help
~keep moist. I have been watering regularly, but the canes still show
~no signs of life at all- no leaves or buds. Is this usual for an
~autumn variety or are they dead/dormant?
~
~thanks
~R.

I received some autumn Joan J (Marshalls) in December and planted them
with plenty of manure etc on January 18th when it wasn't a bog. I have
only just got little rosettes of leaves appearing in the last week,
and only on a couple of the dozen canes. So I shouldn't be surprised,
if yours were planted in February and mine are anything to go by!

Did you cut them down to soil level after planting?

--
jane

Mark Twain

Please remove nospam from replies, thanks!