Old 01-08-2008, 07:18 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_5_] Billy[_5_] is offline

Default Plant ID please

In article
,
mleblanca wrote:

On Jul 31, 6:23 am, Digi wrote:
Hi I am new to the forum and I have just moved to a new house and was
wondering if you could help me ID this plant please ?

[image:http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...plant1_742x600.
jpg]

If I have posted this in the wrong place I am sorry and please feel
free to move the thread,

Thanks

Digi.

--
Digi

It looks rather like Jupiter's Beard aka Red Valerian. Centranthus
ruber.

You can see my Red Valerian for comparison.
http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=...CGuBX4sg%3D%3D

Without leaf closeup as Cheryl says, it is difficult to say for sure,
but the
foliage looks almost right from what I can see.
Toni, the flowers don't look quite right for Pentas, which have very
precise
5 petalled "stars" if I remember correctly?

Emilie
NorCal

--

Billy