Old 02-08-2008, 03:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
B. Server B. Server is offline

Default FruitShield usage -- to control birds

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:11:22 +0100, Ed ex@directory wrote:

On 25/07/08 14:17, B. Server wrote:
Search for bird net on the web and focus on those that provide large
nets for advertising, the inside of aircraft hangers and warehouses. I
have a 30'x50' knitted net that covers my entire vegetable garden (or
rather the parts of it that contain things the birds bother). It also
help to keep the really large and destructive vermin (deer) out.

Wow!! where did you buy that?

Ed

Sorry this took so long. I have been changing news servers and the
automatic update of the message indices takes a very long time.

Try :
http://www.bfproducts.com/comersus/s...dCategory= 97

It can take a while to get it set up right if you are working alone,
but it has lasted two years in central Texas sun with the only holes
where my bonehead neighbor cut branches of his pecans and let them
fall into my garden.

As an added benefit, it protected the garden from golf-ball sized hail
this spring. It might not have held under a sustained storm as the
weigh of the retained hail would have been too much for my supports,
but for the 10 minute variety that did in all of my neighbors'
gardens, it worked wonders.

--BS