Old 21-07-2008, 03:01 PM posted to alt.agriculture.fruit,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
JS JS is offline

Default FruitShield usage -- to control birds

Does any body have some success stories to tell in regard to using the
following product to control birds:

http://www.biconet.com/birds/fruitShield.html

I started to use it yesterday. Can't wait to see what
the outcome is going to be.

JIMMY

Old 21-07-2008, 04:38 PM posted to alt.agriculture.fruit,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Ed Ed is offline

On 21/07/08 15:01, JS wrote:
Does any body have some success stories to tell in regard to using the
following product to control birds:

http://www.biconet.com/birds/fruitShield.html

I started to use it yesterday. Can't wait to see what
the outcome is going to be.

JIMMY

Jimmy,

Why don't you just cover your crops with netting?

Ed

Old 21-07-2008, 04:40 PM posted to alt.agriculture.fruit,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Ed ex@directory wrote:

On 21/07/08 15:01, JS wrote:
Does any body have some success stories to tell in regard to using the
following product to control birds:

http://www.biconet.com/birds/fruitShield.html

I started to use it yesterday. Can't wait to see what
the outcome is going to be.

JIMMY

Jimmy,

Why don't you just cover your crops with netting?

Ed

Too ignorant?

Netting works.

Unless you are battling rats...
--
Peace! Om

until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein
Old 21-07-2008, 04:49 PM posted to alt.agriculture.fruit,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Ed Ed is offline

On 21/07/08 16:40, Omelet wrote:
In article ,
Ed ex@directory wrote:

On 21/07/08 15:01, JS wrote:
Does any body have some success stories to tell in regard to using the
following product to control birds:

http://www.biconet.com/birds/fruitShield.html

I started to use it yesterday. Can't wait to see what
the outcome is going to be.

JIMMY

Jimmy,

Why don't you just cover your crops with netting?

Ed

Too ignorant?

Netting works.

Unless you are battling rats...

Rats? What kinda birds are they? LOL!

Ed

Old 21-07-2008, 05:24 PM posted to alt.agriculture.fruit,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
JS JS is offline

Ed,

I have problem with my backyard fruits got destroyed by the birds.
Putting a net over the fruit tree is not a practical solution -- I don't
think.

Jimmy

Old 21-07-2008, 06:07 PM posted to alt.agriculture.fruit,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Ed ex@directory wrote:

On 21/07/08 16:40, Omelet wrote:
In article ,
Ed ex@directory wrote:

On 21/07/08 15:01, JS wrote:
Does any body have some success stories to tell in regard to using the
following product to control birds:

http://www.biconet.com/birds/fruitShield.html

I started to use it yesterday. Can't wait to see what
the outcome is going to be.

JIMMY

Jimmy,

Why don't you just cover your crops with netting?

Ed

Too ignorant?

Netting works.

Unless you are battling rats...

Rats? What kinda birds are they? LOL!

Ed

Just a personal peeve. ;-) My neighborhood has Norway rats. Consider
yourself lucky!

Old 21-07-2008, 06:08 PM posted to alt.agriculture.fruit,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"JS" wrote:

Ed,

I have problem with my backyard fruits got destroyed by the birds.
Putting a net over the fruit tree is not a practical solution -- I don't
think.

Jimmy

Try Home Depot or Lowe's.

Old 25-07-2008, 02:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Search for bird net on the web and focus on those that provide large
nets for advertising, the inside of aircraft hangers and warehouses. I
have a 30'x50' knitted net that covers my entire vegetable garden (or
rather the parts of it that contain things the birds bother). It also
help to keep the really large and destructive vermin (deer) out.

Old 25-07-2008, 04:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ed Ed is offline

On 25/07/08 14:17, B. Server wrote:
Search for bird net on the web and focus on those that provide large
nets for advertising, the inside of aircraft hangers and warehouses. I
have a 30'x50' knitted net that covers my entire vegetable garden (or
rather the parts of it that contain things the birds bother). It also
help to keep the really large and destructive vermin (deer) out.

Wow!! where did you buy that?

Ed

Old 25-07-2008, 09:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
B. Server wrote:

Search for bird net on the web and focus on those that provide large
nets for advertising, the inside of aircraft hangers and warehouses. I
have a 30'x50' knitted net that covers my entire vegetable garden (or
rather the parts of it that contain things the birds bother). It also
help to keep the really large and destructive vermin (deer) out.

What I'm looking for is netting fine enough to keep out the japanese
beetles.

Isabella
--
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust"
-T.S. Eliot

Old 29-07-2008, 04:40 AM posted to alt.agriculture.fruit,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible

dont know why it would work.... birds dont have much of a sense of taste.

so what does the fruit taste like then? pointless. I use nets and squirrel traps.
Ingrid

Old 02-08-2008, 03:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 15:28:30 -0500, Isabella Woodhouse
wrote:

In article ,
B. Server wrote:

Search for bird net on the web and focus on those that provide large
nets for advertising, the inside of aircraft hangers and warehouses. I
have a 30'x50' knitted net that covers my entire vegetable garden (or
rather the parts of it that contain things the birds bother). It also
help to keep the really large and destructive vermin (deer) out.

What I'm looking for is netting fine enough to keep out the japanese
beetles.

Isabella

The problem with that is that it also keeps out polinators. I have
the same sentiments about the black, sucking stink bugs that attack my
tomatoes after mid season. It has been so hot and dry this year that
there are not many of them. Probably because their alternate hosts
are toast.

-BS
Old 02-08-2008, 03:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:11:22 +0100, Ed ex@directory wrote:

On 25/07/08 14:17, B. Server wrote:
Search for bird net on the web and focus on those that provide large
nets for advertising, the inside of aircraft hangers and warehouses. I
have a 30'x50' knitted net that covers my entire vegetable garden (or
rather the parts of it that contain things the birds bother). It also
help to keep the really large and destructive vermin (deer) out.

Wow!! where did you buy that?

Ed

Sorry this took so long. I have been changing news servers and the
automatic update of the message indices takes a very long time.

Try :
http://www.bfproducts.com/comersus/s...dCategory= 97

It can take a while to get it set up right if you are working alone,
but it has lasted two years in central Texas sun with the only holes
where my bonehead neighbor cut branches of his pecans and let them
fall into my garden.

As an added benefit, it protected the garden from golf-ball sized hail
this spring. It might not have held under a sustained storm as the
weigh of the retained hail would have been too much for my supports,
but for the 10 minute variety that did in all of my neighbors'
gardens, it worked wonders.

--BS
Old 25-08-2008, 01:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
B. Server wrote:

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 15:28:30 -0500, Isabella Woodhouse
wrote:

In article ,
B. Server wrote:

Search for bird net on the web and focus on those that provide large
nets for advertising, the inside of aircraft hangers and warehouses. I
have a 30'x50' knitted net that covers my entire vegetable garden (or
rather the parts of it that contain things the birds bother). It also
help to keep the really large and destructive vermin (deer) out.

What I'm looking for is netting fine enough to keep out the japanese
beetles.

Isabella

The problem with that is that it also keeps out polinators. I have
the same sentiments about the black, sucking stink bugs that attack my
tomatoes after mid season. It has been so hot and dry this year that
there are not many of them. Probably because their alternate hosts
are toast.

Oooops sorry this is so late. I've been so busy preserving. Japanese
beetles come way after pollination.