Old 03-08-2008, 05:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
paghat[_2_] paghat[_2_] is offline

Default Garden Health Issues good ones and things to avoid

In article
, Bill
wrote:

Bending, twisting, pushing and pulling all exercises. I donšt know
about you but when I am about in the garden an I identify a task I do it
without any warm-ups aside from a cup of coffee.
These days I just sort of break up large tasks and switch off to
others or just sit and look about for a hummer till I got to move. Išve
been known to do this over several days due to dew point or just other
tasks that afford quicker gratification.
In another post the mention of Melanoma came it. I believe that this
long term aka childhood exposure to sun is of import. Išve got a
grapefruit size scar on my back which caused me to look into the sun
issue. I take 4000 IU of vitamin D BTW.

Bill

Another garden health issue is tetanus, which lives in most garden soils.
As we get older'n'older we become increasingly susceptible to tetanus.
One-third of tetanus cases are from gardening injuries. Stay updated with
tetanus shots (stay updated with ten-year boosters); try to wear gloves
for most gardening duties; and habitually clean injuries with
antibacterial soap.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
visit my temperate gardening website: