Old 03-08-2008, 02:00 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default Yellowish hyacinth

This year most of my hyacinth have satyed in the yellow rather than
green phase. And they have not grown as tall as usual. I tried
potash. It helped a few of them. The water celery is thriving.
Could this be an iron issue? Any suggestions as to a good source for
iron, if that is likely to be it? I have ironite that I use in the
garden, but I don't know if it would have bad effects for trace
minerals if used in the pond.

Suggestions?

Jim