Old 04-08-2008, 02:52 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel Mckoi Reel Mckoi is offline

Default Yellowish hyacinth

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
This year most of my hyacinth have satyed in the yellow rather than
green phase. And they have not grown as tall as usual. I tried
potash. It helped a few of them. The water celery is thriving.
Could this be an iron issue? Any suggestions as to a good source for
iron, if that is likely to be it? I have ironite that I use in the
garden, but I don't know if it would have bad effects for trace
minerals if used in the pond.

Suggestions?

================You can't just toss the granules in the water as far as I know. There's a

liquid Iron you can use. I found it at Home Depot. I use the granules in

the potting soil I plant the pond plants in. Makes them a nice deep green

color.

--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.