Old 04-08-2008, 03:02 PM
mor mor is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire DC View Post
I'm a beginner at all this (well i have some strawberry plants that are still alive from last summer) and am looking to start growing some potatoes as I've a feeling it's a bit late in the year to start many other things.

I was told that I could grow them from unused potatoes that had started sprouting and to cut them in half and plant them like that; however I've since heard that I should only use proper potato tubers.

Could anybody let me know if I am able to just plant an ordinary potato.. and what the difference is between the 2?

Sorry for the (most probably) basic level question.. I am very new to gardening/vegetable growing so am just finding my feet. x

l agree its rather late as potatoes is hot climate place.but that will depend on where you live. try this http://gardening-tips-idea.com/potatogardening.html