Old 04-08-2008, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Latest date for planting?

In article ,
says...
Hello Everyone,

I haven't visited for a good while because of endless work to do INSIDE
the house. Meanwhile the lawn has been glyphosated, the roots are
rotting, and I know I need to get on with the planting I planned months
ago. How long have I got? I don't to start ordering dozens of plants,
at considerable expense, to only put them in too late and have them all
die over the winter.

Thanks.

Eddy.
(in the South Shropshire Hills)

From now until mid November would be ideal timing for and perennial or
deciduous plants, while evergreens need to go in as soon as possible or
wait for the spring
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk