Old 04-08-2008, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Latest date for planting?

Hello Everyone,

I haven't visited for a good while because of endless work to do INSIDE
the house. Meanwhile the lawn has been glyphosated, the roots are
rotting, and I know I need to get on with the planting I planned months
ago. How long have I got? I don't to start ordering dozens of plants,
at considerable expense, to only put them in too late and have them all
die over the winter.

Thanks.

Eddy.
(in the South Shropshire Hills)
Old 04-08-2008, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ed Ed is offline

On 04/08/08 13:03, Eddy wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I haven't visited for a good while because of endless work to do INSIDE
the house. Meanwhile the lawn has been glyphosated, the roots are
rotting, and I know I need to get on with the planting I planned months
ago. How long have I got? I don't to start ordering dozens of plants,
at considerable expense, to only put them in too late and have them all
die over the winter.

Thanks.

Eddy.
(in the South Shropshire Hills)

Eddy,

You intend planting fruit/veg or flowering plants?

Ed

Old 05-08-2008, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Charlie Pridham wrote:
From now until mid November would be ideal timing for and perennial or
deciduous plants, while evergreens need to go in as soon as possible or
wait for the spring

Thanks, Charlie.

Oh, dear. It's nothing but evergreens that we have planned on putting
in. When would you say would be the last sensible time for putting them
in? How many more weeks have I got?

Eddy.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Charlie Pridham wrote:
Oh, dear. It's nothing but evergreens that we have planned on putting
in. When would you say would be the last sensible time for putting them
in? How many more weeks have I got?

Eddy.

Personally would go no later than Sep 1st

Thanks, Charlie.