Old 05-08-2008, 03:03 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Yellowish hyacinth

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 21:52:57 EDT, "Reel McKoi"

You can't just toss the granules in the water as far as I know. There's a
liquid Iron you can use. I found it at Home Depot. I use the granules in
the potting soil I plant the pond plants in. Makes them a nice deep green
color.

And that just reminded me. I'm going to take my WH (my one and only with 3
pathetic babies) and put the roots in dirt. They will usually thrive like
that when looking yellow otherwise.

Jim, has your fish load changed? What's your pH? You could give the WH a
vacation in a tub with the ironies and see what happens. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us