Old 07-08-2008, 04:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default digging up plants at tree base

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 05:48:59 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I have to dig up a huge liriope which is at the base of a 5 year old
weeping bald cypress. I don't want to kill the cypress. Is there a
way to do this? Thanks.

Just cut the liriope to the ground and continue cutting it and leaving
it covered with no light and repeat and repeat the process and
eventually it will die. I've done this with Chinese tallow, Palo
Verde and a bunch of different trees which come up rapidly and it
works. No disturbance at all to the roots of the tree.

Just tie a goat to the tree... See your local rent-a-goat outlet.

--
Dave