Old 08-08-2008, 01:47 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default tomato cuttings?

In article 9ceb9e48-00cf-4f5f-b7c9-0d01f5276536
@e53g2000hsa.googlegroups.com, says...
OK, there was a thread on this last year, but I'm not sure we got
closure on it.

What's the most effective way to do tomato cuttings? I took six inch
young stems off a very healthy overgrown red cherry, and stuck them
five inches deep in moist potting soil indoors with indirect light.
They looked happy for more than a week (with no growth), and finally
decided to die (with no obvious growth or new shoots). What gives? I
want a fall crop!

Rootone? Bay leaves? Water soak?

Water has worked for us.