Old 08-08-2008, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
ave ave is offline

Default Are Brunnera (perennial Forget-me-Not) leaves any good for makingliquid feed?

On Aug 6, 7:31 pm, Zhang DaWei wrote:
On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 15:15:28 -0700 (PDT), ave
wrote:

On the basis that comfrey and borrage leaves are good for seeping in
water to make a liquid feed, has anyone experimented with seeping
brunnera (perennial forget-me-not) leaves?

I was thinking about posting a similar question, but asking a more
general one: whether most leaves could be used for making a similar
feed, or are just the usual comfrey/borage (and perhaps nettles, which
I have also seen) leaves the only recommended ones? If many more are
capable, are some that should not be used?
--
Zhang Dawei: Stoke-on-Trent, UK. Please use the Reply-To
field. The email address given there is guaranteed to

As an experiment, a bunch of brunnera leaves have been soaking for
about 2 weeks now and have started to smell like sewage, and the water
is a filthy brown, so it's looking promising that this plant will make
a useful fertiliser. I suspect only the leaves from certain plants,
like comfrey/ borage/ nettles (and brunnera?) can be used in this way.