Old 08-08-2008, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Whats it good for?

Muddymike wrote:
I have a good sized greenhouse in the garden (10 ft square) it seems to be
of good quality alluminium construction and stands on a concrete pad. It
even has automatic opening roof vents.
http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...uddymike.10544
Now that I am getting on top of the rest of the garden I have started
wondering what use to put it to. The problem is it is overshadowed by large
trees so gets little direct sun.

All suggestions appreciated.

Any chance of thinning the trees a bit to the south, SE, or SW?

Otherwise try growing things in it that like dappled shade and summer
warmth.

Stick a tomato, pepper plant or two in a grow bag and see how they do.
(bit late for this year)

Provided it isn't too dark they will probably be OK.

Regards,
Martin Brown