Old 09-08-2008, 02:26 AM
Bigal Bigal is offline
Registered User

I have come across several greenhouses placed under trees and to my thinking they are a waste of time unless you have a specific reason for wanting a large amount of shade. Tomatoes, peppers etc grow at twice the speed and produce half the number of trusses with weedy stems. I don't know if it possible to fight shade with shade by growing grapes but I doubt it. If you are not prepared to move it I suggest you give it away to someone who can make full use of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post
"Muddymike" wrote
I have a good sized greenhouse in the garden (10 ft square) it seems to be
of good quality alluminium construction and stands on a concrete pad. It
even has automatic opening roof vents.
http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...uddymike.10544
Now that I am getting on top of the rest of the garden I have started
wondering what use to put it to. The problem is it is overshadowed by
large
trees so gets little direct sun.

All suggestions appreciated.

And no I don't intend moving it.

Orchids don't like too much direct sunlight so should do well in the dappled
shade. Care! Orchid growing can become a disease (and expensive).

--
Regards
Bob Hobden