Old 08-08-2008, 11:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Marie Dodge Marie Dodge is offline

Default tomato cuttings?

"DougL" wrote in message

By the way, I pulled one of the dead stems I had in soil, and there
were delicate, half inch long roots on the end of it! So maybe I
didn't miss by much.

Make sure the soil you're using with your cuttings is STERILE or your
cutting can rot. I start my tom cuttings in water. As soon as the roots are
1 to 2" long I pot them in a sterile starter soil and watch them closely for
wilting. I mist them or use a plastic bag. Either has worked for me.
Anything that doesn't root with the others is thrown out.