Old 08-08-2008, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Brian Robertson[_2_] Brian Robertson[_2_] is offline

Default Compost heap.

Ed wrote:
On 08/08/08 18:37, Brian Robertson wrote:
I want to build a wooden compost container. Any idea what, if
anything, I should treat the wood with before I start filling it up.
Don't wanna put any nasty chemicals in there.

Brian.

Why u wanna treat the wood? Me, I just assume the wood is going to
compost along with the contents and will need replacing in 5 yrs or so.

Ed

Yep! I guess you are right. lol The design that I have in mind means
that each layer can be replaced as and when needed. Thanks for that.

Brian.