Old 09-08-2008, 09:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter James[_2_] Peter James[_2_] is offline

Default Compost heap.

Brian Robertson wrote:

I want to build a wooden compost container. Any idea what, if anything,
I should treat the wood with before I start filling it up. Don't wanna
put any nasty chemicals in there.

Brian.

Go to your local builders merchants and get a load of used palletts.
They cost nothing and make ideal compost containers with built in gaps
for air.
Peter

--
He spoke with a certain what-is-it in his voice, and I
could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far