Old 09-08-2008, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Compost heap.

Peter James wrote:
Brian Robertson wrote:

I want to build a wooden compost container. Any idea what, if anything,
I should treat the wood with before I start filling it up. Don't wanna
put any nasty chemicals in there.

Brian.

Go to your local builders merchants and get a load of used palletts.
They cost nothing and make ideal compost containers with built in gaps
for air.
Peter

Actually I have found the best source of used pallets are building
sites. They simply burn them whereas builders merchants tent to reuse
theirs to deliver to customers. Also on building sites there is often
other "scrap" timber that you may find useful.