Old 08-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Theo

Default [IBC] actinomyceter

I had the same problem with my myrtle under the bark I found plenty of nests of
Wooly lice I had to treat and take away all the bark that was shredding It has
been renovate 2 years later
Theo

Henrik Gistvall wrote:

There is a discussion on a Swedish bonsai forum on a Myrtle where the
bark has started to rot at the base. Someone gave a very short answer
just saying use glowes when handling the tree and when asked why, he
said you might spread "actinomyceter" (hope it is the same term in
english or you can figure out what it means) that damages the bark.
Sounds like some fungi but I have never heard of it. I donīt know how
valid this is for bonsai. Nina, anyone...

Henrik Gistvall, Uppsala, Sweden

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++