Old 10-08-2008, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Blight on Toms. and Spuds.

Leslie wrote
My whole potato and tomato crops decimated by blight.

However some volunteer Sarpo Mia from last years crop have not been
touched at all.

Shame that the eating qualities of these is poor.

We didn't like the Sharpo ones we grew last year either so didn't bother
this year, grew some Victoria instead. Anyway, no sign of blight yet on our
plot but then I have sprayed the Toms with Bordeaux Mixture.
Our potatoes have suffered because of the drought we had before the monsoon
season started and now it has started the slugs are doing their worse, even
some holes in the Kestrals I dug this weekend. If it's not one thing it's
another!

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

You're right, I do sound like Victor Meldrew. :-)