Old 08-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Regina

Default Climbing Peace, League Of Its Own

lms wrote:

In article ,
says...

Damnit, I tried to get my mom's to strike, but after month and months,
it chose to croak instead. Close to a once bloomer, but, omigod, the
blooms. I'll try again some day.

I have another one on the same front fence line but it's taken
years to approach size. It's getting there though, I thought it never would.

Cl Peace was the first rose to go into the area I laughingly call The Rose
Garden, about 14 years ago. It was the first area of decent soil I had because
it was dumped here as fill, and most any fill is better than what I start with.
I've used the guy wire from the phone pole to tie it to, to limit its movement
in the wind.

The thing is huge. Now Cl Cecile Brunner is interlacing with Cl Peace, about
eight feet overhead. Both give me some rebloom - Cecile gives me more each year
now. After finding yesterday that these two are forming a new structure
together, I am really jazzed. And its time to dig out and move a few roses that
are underneath the Amazon rain forest shade canopy.

Regina