Old 11-08-2008, 12:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
jimnginger jimnginger is offline

Default Growing Potatoes

I have used regular Russet potatoes to grow lots for my home. I
learned by accident. My wife told me to throw out the sprouted
potatoes in the trash but instead I put them into my compost pile. The
green plants grew out and I recognized them as potatoes so I left them
alone and just watered them. When the tops died down, I dug lots of
potatoes and my wife could not believe it. I'm about to do it again.
Give it a try. It won't cost much to try. Jim in So. Calif.