Old 12-08-2008, 01:13 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
D Kat D Kat is offline

Default Just a reminder - feed your water lilies!

"~ jan" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 19:01:39 EDT, "D Kat" wrote:

If you don't know or you tend to forget as I do - water lilies are heavy
feeders and if you want flowers you need to remember to feed them. I feed
my water lilies when the blooming drops off (and it is still growing
season). I only feed my lotus at the beginning of the season. I'm not
sure
about this and wonder if I should be feeding it more often... Any lotus
growers around? Donna

Lotus are even more heavy feeders than lilies. To keep them blooming one
needs to feed them every 2 weeks. Once they start they rarely do not have
bloom open.... at least that is how the Momo Botan are in my pond.

Btw, planted the WH with the end roots in mud today. We'll see how it
does.
I left a couple babies in the stock tank. Finally cleaned up my patio
putting away the potting table and all the flotsam that goes with it. Just
a nice clean patio to enjoy now. ~ jan

Thanks Jan - rather naive of me to think that a lotus only bloomed once and
only needed spring feeding.

You do realize that cleaning up the patio will bring the chaos gods down
upon you.... I spent the weekend doing tidying chores, came home tonight
and found a hail/wind storm had undone all my work.
Donna